The Forum on the National Action Plan on Sustainable Use of Plant Protection Products (NAP) is a panel of all interested parties within the plant protection sector.
Its purpose is to survey the progress of the NAP and to work out propositions for its advancement. The forum is also a platform for discussions of relevant issues of the plant protection policy on German and European level. It shall be convened at least once a year. The plant protection department of the Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection (BMEL) is responsible for the forum’s management.
The following interested parties are represented in the forum:
- Consumer protection
- Environment and nature protection
- Agriculture, gardening and forestry
- Plant protection product admission
- Plant protection representatives of the german states (Länder)
- Food surveillance and feed surveillance of the Länder
- Food processing industry
- Retail food trade
- Plant protection product manufacturers
- Plant protection product retail trade
- Plant protection product research